Proclamations and Tributes
The Office of the Governor will issue proclamations, tributes and letters of support for certain events and personal accomplishments deserving of recognition in the State of Delaware. Please review the following requirements prior to submitting a request.
Requirements for requests:
- The Office of the Governor reserves the right to modify draft language or deny any request. Decisions to complete requests are made at the discretion of the Office of the Governor.
- Please make requests three weeks in advance of your deadline.
- Please make requests online through this form. Requests made by email or phone may not be completed.
- Requests must be made by and for a Delaware resident.
- Proclamations are not re-issued automatically each year. Please submit a new request within the required timeframe for annual events.
Proclamations may be issued to recognize a day, week or month to spread awareness or support of a particular cause.
- Please provide any necessary background information and offer drafts of “whereas” clauses, if you wish.
- Please notify the Governor’s Communications Team when using a proclamation as part of a press release or publication.
Tributes may be issued in celebration of retirements, birthdays, anniversaries, and for Eagle Scouts or Girl Scouts.
- Retirements from the State of Delaware with 20 years of service or more
- Birthdays over the age of 75
- Anniversaries for couples celebrating 30 years or more
Memorial tributes may be issued to remember and honor the life of someone who has passed away.
- Please notify our office as soon as possible when requesting a memorial tribute.
Letters of support may be issued for large events occurring in the State of Delaware.
- The Office of the Governor will only provide PDF documents or hard copies of letters. Word documents are not available.
Request a Proclamation or Tribute
* required fields