Governor Carney’s Summer Fellowship Program
Delaware high school students beginning their junior or senior year in the Fall 2023 are eligible to apply for the Governor’s Summer Fellowship. This prestigious flagship program is geared towards preparing Delaware students for innovative and compelling work in education, government, or their communities. With paid work opportunities at summer camps available in each county, on-site mentoring, and networking opportunities with state leaders, students will gain an edge on their career before college.Apply Today
Paid Work Opportunities
- Supervise youth in community-based summer camps.
- Work approximately 35 hours a week from June 20 – August 11
- Gain valuable experience in education-related fields.
- Participate in on-site mentoring.
Network with Government Officials
- Attend an orientation with Delaware Governor John Carney, cabinet members, and the Delaware legislature.
- Engage in ongoing coaching with the Delaware Department of Education, United Way Delaware, and the Summer Learning Collaborative that includes networking, enrichment and workforce training.
- Tour Delaware agencies and learning about different roles across state government.
Summer Fellows must be:
- Currently enrolled in a Delaware high school
- Beginning junior or senior year in Fall 2023
- 16 by June 1st, 2023
- Committed to working the duration of the program (June 20 – August 11)
In Partnership With