Oversight Committee on Opportunity Funding
Governor Carney signed an executive order that established the Oversight Committee on Opportunity Funding to ensure that the initiative is achieving its goals to support low-income students, and English learners, and close achievement gaps in Delaware schools. This oversight committee will evaluate the effectiveness of the Opportunity Funding program, publish best practices, make recommendations on the future of the program, and ensure the public is aware of the steps that school districts and charter schools are taking to close achievement gaps.
Be engaged in this process. Attend one of the upcoming Opportunity Funding Advisory Committee Meetings.
- Brody Bluemel, Ph.D., Delaware State University Professor
- Brent Carter, WT Chipman Middle School English Language Arts Teacher
- Maureen Darlington, Warner Elementary School Counselor
- Julie Giangiulio, East Dover Elementary Principal
- Ashley Giska - Vice-Chair, Laurel School District Assistant Superintendent
- Dorrell Green - Chair, Red Clay School District Superintendent
- Deshawn Jenkins, Parent
- Diana Magana, Las Américas ASPIRA Academy Spanish Immersion Math and Science Teacher
- Shanika Perry, Brandywine School Board Member
- Linda Poole Educationally Speaking Co-founder and Former Executive Director for Academics for Colonial School District